Many of you have experienced a major change in your work environment due to COVID. Those of you who were accustomed to leaving the house and going to an office for work were suddenly put in the position to find a space in your house in order to work from home. For some, finding a space to call your office was easy. For others, not so much. One thing both parties have in common is the need for comfort while working. A comfy chair for your backside is a great place to start and it’s very important but don’t forget about the less obvious comforts.
- Eye strain can cause tired eyes, headaches, poor posture, fatigue and lack of concentration. So what causes eye strain? There are many things that can cause eye strain.
- The incorrect refresh rate set on your monitor
- Poor lighting, those of you who were suddenly working from home might be set up in your living room or dining room, generally these rooms are not very bright and because of the low light you may also get shadows
- Look away from the screen every 20 minutes or so
- Look at something around 20 feet away
- Do this for about for about 20 seconds